Monday, April 11, 2011

Distracted in the UWS

I should be writing for my class, but I've got Deadmau5 on the brain, and now I just want to dance. I might scare my roommates by doing that, so I'll stick to writing.

I moved in to a new apartment in the Upper West Side. Love the apartment, love the neighborhood.
You don't even have to leave the apartment for a little entertainment. There's at least two pigeons a day that fly into one of the many windows surrounding the apartment. I don't know if they're on a suicide mission, or if pigeons just have really bad eyesight, but those birds flew straight out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Don't worry, PETA lovers, they're all alive as far as I can tell. They just scare the hell out of me.

One of my neighbors is apparently an aspiring Broadway star. I hear him belting out tunes at all hours of the day and night, most recently at 7 this morning. I can never quite put my finger on what song he's singing. This morning I awoke to something along the lines of "I'm up! Yeaaahhhh where's the toothbrush? Time for a showerrrrrr, to start off the hour!" I can't get mad because I'm too busy laughing. I think it's safe to say he's penning his own lyrics.

Another one of my neighbors is apparently part grizzly bear because he/she doesn't seem to be able to walk across the apartment without causing my dresser to shake. That, or, his/her feet are made out of cast iron. It sounds as though the person gets a sudden to urge to run a hundred yard dash, but then thinks twice about it. Bizarre. Maybe the pigeon flew into their apartment?

No building would be complete without the one apartment that has a certain scent wafting out from under its door. No, not curry, or garlic. It's a skunky smell. It's pretty much there at all hours of the day. My morning coffee run? Skunk. My nighttime arrival? Still skunk. There's never any noise coming from that apartment, though. They seem pretty chill :)

All in all, I Heart NY.

One Love.
Nazanin

Miss you, boobooface.

1 comment: